The Most Advanced Heavy Transport and Lifting Training in the World!
- Improve your technical know-how
- Minimize your risk
- Get your staff certified
- Provide better quality
Who should join?
- Project Cargo Forwarders, Break Bulk Charterers and Logistics Managers
- Project Directors, Heavy Lift Specialists, Heavy Lift Engineers
- Heavy Lift Equipment Operators and Supervisors
- Shipping Managers and Project Supply Chain Professionals
Why Attend The Heavy Transport and Lifting Training?
- The answer is quite simple. You are moving equipment worth millions of dollars for your customer. Yet do your people have the necessary know-how and background?
- Increase your company’s technical know-how!
- Impress your customers. Increase the quality of your work by improving the technical ability of your workforce.
- Attend the Heavy Lift Seminar and get your staff accredited.
- Venue: Hilton Hotel, Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Workshop Date: 6th June 2023
- Registration: 7:30 a.m.
|Course Fees||In USD (min. 15 persons)|
1) To register please fill in the form below. If you have additional questions or comments, please direct them to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) If you experience any trouble submitting this form, please e-mail: email@example.com.
Fields/drop down menus marked with ‘*‘ are compulsory and have to be filled in / a selection has to be made!
|07.30 – 08.00||Registration|
|08.00 – 08.30||General Knowledge|
|08.30 – 09.30||Heavy Lift Shipping|
|09.30 – 11.30||Lifting|
|10.00 – 10-15||Coffee Break|
|11.30 – 13.30||Exceptional Transport|
|12.00 – 12.45||Lunch Break|
|13.30 – 14.15||Lashing and Securing Seafreight|
|14.15 – 15.00||Lashing and Securing Road Transport|
|15.00 – 15.15||Coffee Break|
|15.15 – 16.00||Test and Evaluation|
- General knowledge and introduction
- Basic mathematics
- Principle to standard triangles
- Force / Friction / Centre of Gravity
- Principle of heavy lift vessel – LOLO
- RORO with barges
- Skidding and jacking principles
- Metacenter / GM – Stability – Ballast
- Crane types – mobile – crawler
- Outrigger force
- Calculations of forces using 2, 3 and 4 slings.
- Lifting equipment: slings / shackles / grommets
- Use of lifting beams
- Lifting plan – Sling plan
- Weather influences
- Various trailer types
- Platform trailers
- Stability of transport equipment: 3- and 4-point suspension.
- Calculation axle weights
- Lashing equipment
- Lashing calculations breakbulk according to Annex 13 – CSS
- Lashing cargo in containers
- Lashing equipment
- Lashing calculations exceptional cargo according to EN 12195 regulations
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
Our Course Leader: Gert J. Vos
With 30 years of experience in heavy transport and project forwarding GertVos will present you how to handle heavy equipment with cranes, on vehicles, in ships and on barges with all its specific technical details.
Gert Vos started his illustrious career as project manager in 1989 at Van Wezel Transport in the Netherlands. As of 1996 Vos became business unit manager of the transport and lifting department. After the inter-national renowned company Wagenborg took over the Van Wezel Group, Vos became manager of the project department and has since looked after many heavy transport projects on a global scale.
In 2008 he founded HTTC (Heavy Transport Training and Consultancy). He is now working as a consultant and gives in-house training to various multinational engineering and construction companies.
Mr. Vos has linked up with GPLN in 2011 and conducted in the meantime many technical courses around the world.